Below are the privacy practices that we employed here at curtworrell.com. Please read this page carefully, as some locations require different policies regarding your privacy.
1. Modifications and Updates
2. Legal Disclosures of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information if required by law or court order, or when necessary in the good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to conform with the law or court order, protect and defend our rights and property, or protect the safety of the general public.
As part of our site is a blog with public comments allowed, you may leave comments on posts. Any information that you provide on a post comment box is not private. The comment can be viewed by anyone and everyone online. If you don’t want the information to be public, please do not post it on a blog comment.
4. Third-Party Sites
Our site links to other sites when necessary, however, we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Please make sure to review the privacy policies of any such sites before providing your personal information.
As part of the compliance process of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, we may be required to disclose information we may have on you to a copyright holder who has submitted a copyright complaint.
6. Sale of Business
If at any time this site is sold to a new owner, any personal information that we have obtained from you will be considered an asset and will be transferred to the new owner.
A. Do Not Track Signals.
According to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we disclose that we do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
B. California Eraser Law.
If you have provided personal information or content to us and are an individual under 18 or a legal guardian of such an individual, you have the right to request the deletion of that information pursuant to the “California Eraser Law.” Contact us to make such a request.
1. What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
Personal data that we collect includes items such as your name, and email address. We collect your personal data through methods such as these:
- Opt-In To Email List or Download of Course or Book: Your name and address
- Retail Transaction: You name, email address, billing information and payment source
- Questions submitted by you: Your name, email address, and question
2. What Is The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data?
We collect the personal information describe above for the following reasons:
- Opt-In To Email List or Download of Course or Book: To provide you with information about topics from the blog or on the course or on the book that you are interested in
- Retail Transaction: To process a purchase you make with us
- Questions: To answer questions you might have for us
3. What Legal Basis Do We Have For Collecting and Processing Your Information?
Websites must have a legal basis for collecting information from individuals located in the European Union. Where consent forms the basis of your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time by opting out of any email message using the “unsubscribe” link.
- Opt-In To Email List or Download of Course or Book: We ask for your consent first by asking for your email address.
- Retail Transaction: We collect your information as part of a legally binding contractual transaction.
- Questions: We need to use your data to respond to your questions. We will not use the data for other purposes.
4. Who Has Access To The Data We Collect?
We process and access to the data we collect from you. However, we use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data. These third parties have signed contracts with us in which they are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than we dictate. Examples of third parties include:
- Financial transaction processors for processing your payments
- Customer service communication platform
- Contest and survey platform
- Email communication manager
- Marketing funnel providers
- Website management services
- Website design and programming services
6. How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Your data is kept based on the reasons it was gathered.
- Opt-In To Email List or Download of Course or Book: 3 years
- Retail Transaction: 4 years
- Questions: 5 years
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data until the matter has resolved.
7. Your Rights
You have the right to control your personal data as follows:
- The right to be informed: We are informing you now with this policy.
- The right of access: If asked, we will provide you with the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification: If asked, we will fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure: If asked we will erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing: If asked, we will restrict certain type of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: If asked, we will provide you with your personal data we have for export.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to how we use your data.
- Rights in relation to profiling: Although we do not participate in profiling, you have the right to object about such activity.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us with your request.
8. Do We Transfer Your Data To Third Countries?
No. We are located in the United States. Your data is collected and held here.
9. Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints.
You have the right to contact us with your request with any questions or requests you have about these privacy policies or your data. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not be resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority such as the Data Protection Commissioner of Ireland.
Modification Date: July 27, 2018
Effective Date: July 27, 2018